This past weekend we (well, I) finally started using cloth diapers on Ivy. I had planned on doing it from the start but with everything else going on it was just too much. Now that things are settling down I am getting to it. Some of you know that I also used cloth diapers on Lily. I was frugal then and just used prefold and covers. That is just a rectangular piece of cotton cloth with a bunch of padding in the middle that you lay inside a waterproof cover. I really didn't know that there were any other types of cloth diapers until a couple years ago. Oh my goodness it is so overwhelming!!! I decided to wait to purchase a bunch until Ivy was here so I could figure out what works best for her. I have found that the prefolds are just too bulky. My sweet friend Angie gave me some super cute "fitted" diapers which you put on just like a disposable but using velcro and then put a cover on them. (She also made some fun printed diaper covers with matching shirts. The covers fit great but the tops are a little big. I can't wait until Ivy can fit them!!!) ...back to the fitteds......So of course I have to find more because they are working great. They also have diapers that are super cute that you don't need to put a cover on. These are called "All in Ones." Well, now I am obsessed. I won't even tell you how many I have purchased or am planning on purchasing this week! It is crazy! But it will still be cheaper than disposables in the end! I have been looking for deals and buying some used so that is keeping the cost down. I will probably get a few more before my spending spree is done and then we will be set for a while. I am pretty sure Ivy is going to want more cloth diapers for Christmas though!
Just had to share...oh, and if you have used cloth diapers and have a brand you want to recommend please do so!!!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment