Wednesday, October 20, 2010

READ THIS BEFORE WATCHING VIDEO!

As some of you know, I am a member of an online community of moms that also have children with clefts. They have been a wealth of knowledge and a source of comfort, support and encouragement. They have amazing little boys and girls at all stages of the cleft journey. Some are just finding out via ultrasound and others have children that are already in grade school. A few of the member themselves were born with clefts. It's fun to find families in the same area or that go to the same hospital with the same surgeons. It make it feel less lonely. They are always so eager to offer advice and support and I have a very safe place where we can post pictures of our kiddos and not have to explain anything or think about what other people are thinking. They even help each other out by sharing stories and even supplies. Like on mom sent me a pair of special arm restraints that are more comfortable then the hospital issued ones. Another mom had sent them to her to use and when I am done with them I will send them to another little one about to have their first surgery. I really can't say enough about these amazing moms and their adorable kids. I wish I could steal a few of their pics just to show you how sweet and precious they all are!

So, the actual reason I wanted to write tonight was to share with you a video that one of the moms posted. It is of her son's cleft lip repair surgery. It is a great video that explains the cleft and the repair. If you are curious about the surgery then you can watch the video. However, if you are AT ALL squeamish about surgical procedures and blood (there isn't too much blood) then you should not watch or turn your head when they are in the operating room because they do show pieces of the actual surgery happening. To view the video see the post above.

0 comments: