Friday, July 30, 2010

Little Miss Ivy


Sweet Ivy Amelia Newell joined our family on Saturday June 19th just before noon. She was born at my parents' house. I haven't taken the time to write up her birth story yet but I will post it when I do. She is an amazing sweet girl and she has brought so much to our lives! We love her so much! Chris is an amazing "hands on" daddy. He and Ivy spend a lot of time bouncing around the house and outside in the backyard and no one has gotten Ivy to smile like her daddy has. Lillian just loves her baby sister! She enjoys holding her and always has to kiss her goodnight. And as for me...I adore every single thing about her from the top of her perfect little head to the tips of her tiny toes. I love watching her grow and change from day to day and week to week.

She is only six weeks old but she has already brought so much to our lives. Oh and I almost forgot about Murphy! He too loves Ivy. He runs to her when she cries and looks at us to make sure we are doing something for her. He likes to cuddle with whoever is holding her in the comfy recliner. He is working really hard at not barking at people when they come to the door because that wakes her up.

0 comments: